EIS provides engineering inspection and certification services
We provide an inspection service throughout the southwest of the UK – Cornwall, Devon and Somerset and cover inspection of equipment in constant use in the workplace and the home.
Our service gives you peace of mind that your business remains in compliance with health and safety legislation and that it meets the high demands placed upon it by local government and insurance companies, in short we meet your statutory obligations.
- Health & Safety at Work Act 1972
- Lifting Operations & lifting Equipment Regulations (LOLER) 1998 LOLER ACOP L113 12/14
- Provision & Use of Work Equipment Regulations (PUWER) 1998
- The Pressure System Safety Regulations (PSSR) 2000
As you can see from the list above there are a number of obligations to meet. To find out how we can help you meet these obligations please check our services page or faqs, call Engineering Inspection Solutions for a free consultation of your requirements.
May 24, 2017
Jeremy successfully captained a team for Motor Neurone Disease Association Cornwall in this year’s Bodmin Lions Ten Tors Walk on Sunday 14th May. Many thanks to Dale Lewis, Karen and Ian Pearn who walked with him, plus all the sponsors and supporters who swelled the total for M.N.D.A.to over £400.
Out of the office, Jeremy will be attending the I.N.I.T.A. Conference/seminar in Jersey on the 19th May. Guest speakers include Tammy Fage, Director of the Health and Safety Inspectorate on Jersey, and Daniel Moir, the Head of Operations for the Society of Operations Engineers U.K. If you have any queries whilst he is away please leave us a message and Julie will get back to you.
Jeremy will also be attending the South West I.O.S.H. meeting on the 4th June in Plymouth, where the guest speaker is Martin Temple CBE who will be giving a presentation on H.S.E. strategy.
Dave will be attending an I.O.S.H. Course arranged by R.C.E.S. (U.K.) Ltd., on the 21st June.
January 23, 2017
A number of things are happening in January at Engineering Inspection Solutions….
- A big welcome to engineer Dave Stanton who has joined the company in recent months to add further experience and flexibility to our established business across the South West of England.
- Jeremy is attending the I.N.I.T.A. conference in Doncaster with varied presentations on Ultrasound equipment, Straightpoint proof load -testing equipment and Plansafe reporting.
- For you arboreal types have a look at www.hse.gov.uk/treework/articles/rigging-research.pdf
- Need help with L.O.L.E.R.? We would ask that you get Farmwise, your essential guide to health and safety matters in agriculture, this outlines the specific risks of agricultural and horticultural work giving easy to follow practical advice to keep you safe and healthy at work. There is a free download.
June 27, 2016
Jeremy is out of the office from Friday 1st July to Tues 5th July. Don’t hesitate to drop Bev an e mail firstname.lastname@example.org or you can always text Jeremy.
April 1, 2016
An article in the 2016 April I.O.S.H. magazine highlights companies must not ignore their statutory duties. A London based steel fabricator has been fined for repeated breaches of L.O.L.E.R. Despite pleading guilty to the charges they still received a fine of £13,333 plus costs £2,527.
Make sure you are all upto date, if your not sure please contact us and we can help